Role: Prototyping Technician
Location: Bromley by Bow, London E3 3TZ
Start date: Immediately/flexible
HEXR is pleased to announce we have an exciting new opportunity as part of our prototyping and evaluation team. We are looking for a practical, efficient and versatile individual to support product development. This person will help create proof of concept helmets and support small scale production runs based out of our East London workshop.
We regularly assemble various components associated with our helmets and have been gradually bringing various manufacturing processes in house as we grow.
The successful candidate will be inducted on our array of machines so can look forward to learning a range of new skills during their onboarding period as well as throughout their tenure.
Once up to speed, the day-to-day of this role is rich with various tasks within the prototyping umbrella. From creating beautiful one-off prototypes, to working along-side designers and engineers for larger jobs when the team rallies behind a common goal (followed by a well earned team social afterwards)!
- Learning how to use and operating our;
- Thermoforming machine and drying oven
- Screen printer
- Laser cutter
- Robotic arms
- Vinyl plotter
- FDM 3D printers
- Standard workshop equipment
- Helping to source and manage the material stock for the above machines
- Assembling small batches of helmets or components
- Ability to work on site in Bromley-By-Bow E3 3TZ
- An open mind to learn new skills and processes, with a natural hands on and systematic approach
Nice to have
- Health and safety knowledge and certifications
- Some workshop experience
- Vitality private health insurance + dental
- 25 Days holiday
- Expense card, weekly social allowance & regular team socials
- Training courses specific to each role
- Cycle to work scheme
- 15 minute introductory call to find out a little bit more about each other.
- Short take technical task to be carried out remotely
- Meet the team at the lab, a much more detailed introduction to the product and R&D tasks being carried out.
If you think you are a great fit for this role please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your portfolio and CV attached.