Social Media Manager
Who is Hexr?
At Hexr, we’re on a mission to make the best sports helmets on the planet. We are dedicated to making the most advanced head protection using science, technology and a passion for natural materials. Our commitment to making better helmets is fuelled by a belief that the helmet industry needs to dust itself down and become more innovative in the use of technology and advanced materials to protect us all better. With funding from the leading venture capitalists in consumer products, our desire to shake up the helmet industry is off to a great start.
Where we need help
We have all the makings of a world-class brand – a beautifully designed and brilliantly engineered product, a genuine origin story, passionate founders, and a product innovation rooted in the use of technology and science.
Now we’re looking for an intern to become our Social Media guru to bring our stories to life and engage with our customers. You’ll be responsible for crafting Hexr’s social presence, collaborating with Social Influencers and pro cyclists, and making sure our digital channels reflect our brand and welcome people into our community.
This is an amazing opportunity to build the community for a new and truly innovative brand across multiple channels. It requires creativity, and a lot of initiative.
What does the job entail?
- Write engaging copy for social channels
- Work with our social media agency to create and execute weekly social calendars that are innovative and push the envelope of what’s been done on social
- Develop diverse channel strategy across all active social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Create content that will resonate with our social audience and shares brand/product attributes and benefits in a unique way
- Lead in-house photoshoots for social content
- Lead photoshoots in the mountains, wind tunnels, or in our 3D printing lab in Newbury
- Identify and build relationships with key digital influencers and tastemakers, and engage them to help execute partnerships that amplify key marketing moments
What kind of person are we looking for?
- A love for cycling and knowledge of the cycling landscape
- +2 years of experience in a Social Media/Content Marketing role, ideally at a consumer and/or lifestyle brand
- A passion for, and personal participation in, social media
- A can-do and collaborative approach to ideation and execution, and a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and information clearly and write in various styles for diverse audiences
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Experience using Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Opal or other social media management platforms a plus
What can we offer?
- Become a core member of a super-fast growth start-up with the ability to play a key role in scaling the company
- Team rides and an opportunity to make cycling and sport part of your working life
- Be part of a mission driven company
- Access to weekly lectures and meditation
- Weekly team breakfast and weekly socials
- Vibrant co-working office with squash & basketball courts, onsite showers with laundered towels, roof terrace, auditorium and more
- Free helmets
- Bike to work scheme