Social Media Manager (Part-time)
Our vision at HEXR is to produce a helmet that performs better than any other in the world, helping athletes excel and saving lives. We have been tirelessly developing and testing our helmet for 5 years now, and with our spirit of never-ending curiosity we will continue to work to make it safer, lighter and faster still. We are building a talented team of passionate, hard-working, enthusiastic and like-minded people who want to help push HEXR forward and build a business that will revolutionise cycling performance and safety. Join the team!
HEXR is on a mission to revolutionise head protection. We use the latest manufacture and fitting technologies to deliver unprecedented performance.
We’re looking for a part-time (2-3 days a week) Social Media Manager to join our growing team who will manage content output across all our social media channels. We are very much a startup, and the working environment is exciting and fast-paced, which means that you need to be flexible – in terms of day-to-day tasks and a job description that evolves as we do. If you would like to be part of a fun, vibrant and passionate team – and most importantly to contribute directly to the direction of the company, content and brand as we grow, then this is the right place for you.
- Planning and scheduling content (copy, imagery, videos, tagging) based around the overall marketing calendar.
- Plan, develop and execute communications across all organic and paid social channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Strava club.
- Writing and scheduling email newsletters.
- Contributing to the marketing calendar, planning content around key themes and working with the team to identify key moments and topics.
- Work closely with the Brand Design team to ensure social assets are delivered to brief.
- Posting reactive, topical content as required.
- Growing channel audiences via engagement and targeted following.
- Actively working with our database of brand ambassadors, with a view to using their content or collaborating on content.
- Set targets for all key social activity (qualitative and quantitative) and report back to the business on a monthly basis.
- Monitoring and reporting on key metrics and using these to inform future strategy.
- Working with our customer service team to reply to comments across all social channels.
- Responding to inbound requests & DM’s from customers via social media.
BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- Brand or agency experience as a social media manager or community manager.
- Demonstrable understanding of paid social media (performance marketing) techniques and analytics.
- Creative mindset – the ability to come up with new and exciting ideas.
- Flexibility to work in a small, fast-paced team. You have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Team player, self-directed and driven.You take initiative and want to grow and develop as the company grows.
- Highly motivated, clear communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, who’s able to issue concise feedback and direction to internal and external teams.
- Knowledge of photo editing software, such as Photoshop, Lightroom or similar would be beneficial.
- Photography and video skills would be a plus, but not essential.
- Patience and empathy. You love solving people’s problems, and want to go the extra mile to make every customer’s day.
- You know what you know and ask questions for everything else.
- Live the brand values through social and evolve our tone of voice.
- A passion for cycling and technology is a big plus!
- Competitive salary and holiday allowances
- Become a core member of a start-up with the ability to play a key role in scaling the company
- Challenging work environment with strong progression paths
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Opportunities to work remotely
HEXR TEAM CULTURE
Curious. No idea is a bad idea, we're not afraid to try things differently and explore every avenue. Always challenge assumptions and ask questions.
Intelligent. Every decision made is data-driven, there are no best guesses. We aspire to provide real human value in everything we touch.
Precise. Everything we do is free from deceit. We strive to deliver the highest level of communication and transparency wherever we are. Both within our teams and the community.
Confident. We know what we do could have a massive impact on lives. We embrace this by challenging everything we think we know about head protection, the industry and the products we create.
Active. We're young and have big ambitions. We pride ourselves on breaking stereotypes and becoming the centre of industry change.
THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
- Introductory call: 15 min call to learn a little more about you and tell you about HEXR.
- Remote Exercise: 30 min exercise taken remotely to demonstrate your skills.
- On-site interview: Meet Team HEXR at our London office.
Closing date for applications: 30th September 2020. Start date: Immediate.