Senior Manufacturing Engineer
HEXR is well-known for its 3D printed, custom-fit, honeycomb cycling helmets. In our pursuit to develop the best head protection, we have become a fast-growing R&D organisation with expertise in engineering and design.
We are looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer with industry experience, particularly in design for manufacture, quality control and manufacturing. You will be deeply involved in designing mass-manufactured products and providing a pragmatic approach to solving engineering problems, and should expect to see the fruits of your labour in production and protecting the heads of consumers.
The successful candidate will join a team of skilled & experienced engineers and designers, in which you will have the opportunity to tangibly shape the future of HEXR, and of head protection, as we continue to develop our industry-leading technologies.
Location: Somerset House, London
Start date: Immediate
Salary: £50k - £65k
- Oversee design for manufacture of novel products
- Support CTO and Head of Product with product design and material selection
- Provide analysis of potential production systems (cost, time, quality)
- Support in the creation of product design guidelines
- Evaluate and help develop production processes
- Prototype manufacturing processes
- Development of production and assembly specifications
- Develop QC processes to improve product performance and reduce variability
- Cost modelling
- Develop and manage production relationships (requirement for worldwide travel)
- Project management
- 5+ year industry experience with design for manufacture
- Engineering degree
- Ability to work on site in the main office (Somerset House, WC2 1LA)
- Extensive manufacturing knowledge from injection moulding to thermoforming
- Direct product as well as conceptual experience
- Appetite for extensive and extended international travel.
Nice to have
- Experience with helmets and a passion for sport.
- Experience in a leading consultancy or in house firm
- Experience in manufacturing software and working with PRINCE2 and QMS
- International experience
- Demonstration of entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in full process from design to production
- 25 Days holiday
- Ability to travel
- Expense card & regular socials
- Become a core member of a high valued start-up with the ability to play a key role in scaling the company.
- Remote working where appropriate.
- 15 minute introductory call to find out a little bit more about each other.
- 0.5-1h take home technical task.
- Meet the team in Somerset House office, a much more detailed introduction to the R&D being carried out.
If you think you are a great fit for this role please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your portfolio and CV attached.
Please feel free to bring tangible product(s) that you have designed or worked to the interview to show us in person.
Recruiters - please do not contact us, as we will be working directly to identify the right candidate.