Senior CAD Engineer
HEXR is well-known for its 3D printed, custom-fit, honeycomb cycling helmets. In our pursuit to develop the best technology to deliver this, we have become a fast-growing R&D organisation with expertise in engineering and design.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with industry experience, particularly in drafting and advanced surfacing within Solidworks. You will be deeply involved in designing mass-manufactured products and providing a pragmatic approach to solving engineering problems, and should expect to see the fruits of your labour in production and protecting the heads of consumers.
The successful candidate will join a team of skilled & experienced engineers and industrial designers, in which you will have the opportunity to tangibly shape the future of HEXR, and of head protection, as we continue to develop our industry-leading technologies.
Location: Somerset House, London
Start date: Immediate / Flexible
Salary: £50k - £75k
- Internal lead on Solidworks. You will take over from our Head of Product to execute on the majority of CAD work, for internal R&D and client-partnered work.
- Oversight on CAD training of junior designers & engineers, including conducting weekly design classes.
- Work with the Head of Product to create CAD suitable for proprietary prototyping methods and scaled overseas manufacturing.
- Liaise with suppliers and external parties to help finesse CAD models.
- Create 2D engineering drawings as supplementary data to 3D models when issuing to suppliers.
- Join analysis of experimental data and use engineering intuition to help draw conclusions and drive further product development
- 5+ years experience with designing for manufacture using Solidworks with advanced surfacing.
- Engineering degree.
- Ability to work on site in the main office (Somerset House) with remote working where appropriate.
Nice to have
- Mechanical engineering degree.
- Experience with helmets or passion for helmeted sport.
- 25 Days holiday
- Expense card & regular socials
- Become a core member of a high valued start-up with the ability to play a key role in scaling the company.
- 15 minute introductory call to find out a little bit more about each other.
- 0.5-1h take home technical task.
- Meet the team in Somerset House office, a much more detailed introduction to the R&D being carried out.
Recruiters - please do not contact us, as we will be working directly to identify the right candidate.