HEXR is well-known for its 3D printed, custom-fit, honeycomb cycling helmets. In our pursuit to develop the best technology to deliver this, we have become a fast-growing R&D organisation with expertise in engineering and design.
We are looking for a Research Engineer to help formalise our R&D cycles via publishing our current and future safety technology and aiding in the refinement of our industry leading technology into patentable features.
You will be working with the CTO and other members of the experienced team, to initially understand the core science of our current technology, validate using sound theoretical & empirical methods, and disseminate the findings to the scientific & engineering community.
Location: Somerset House, London
Start date: Immediate / Flexible
Salary: £50k - £75k
- Become the engineering first principles lead within our R&D processes. This will involve being brought up to speed with our extensive knowledge and expanding on it.
- Aid in the development or new intellectual property with an eye for real world product execution.
- Set up a rigorous research methodology to streamline our R&D cycles, paying key attention to variable control and realising/extracting the crux of a design.
- Publish original research papers of our current work and future research.
- Act as the main contact with academic and research institutions around the world who specialise in TBI and helmet safety technology.
- Keep up to date with relevant published research in the sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with evidence of a previously written research paper.
- Masters level degree or higher in engineering
- Experience with mechanical based experimentation
- Ability to work at the HEXR Lab (E3 3TZ) & HEXR HQ (WC2R 1LA)
Nice to have
- Have published a research paper
- Experience in building and running finite element models
- Proficient in LaTeX
- Experience with intellectual property matters
- Experience with helmets or passion for helmeted sport
- 25 Days holiday
- Expense card & regular socials
- Become a core member of a start-up with the ability to play a key role in scaling the company
- 15 minute introductory call to find out a little bit more about each other.
- 30 minute take home technical task.
- Meet the team in Somerset House office, a much more detailed introduction to the R&D being carried out.
Recruiters - please do not contact us, as we will be working directly to identify the right candidate.