HEXR is well-known for its 3D printed, custom-fit, honeycomb cycling helmets. In our pursuit to develop the best technology to deliver this, we have become a fast-growing R&D organisation with expertise in engineering and design.
We are looking for a Research Engineer to help formalise our R&D cycles via publishing our current and future safety technology and aiding in the refinement of our industry leading technology into patentable features.
You will be working with the CTO and other members of the experienced team, to initially understand the core science of our current technology, validate using sound theoretical & empirical methods, and disseminate the findings to the scientific & engineering community.
Type: Contract, part-time or full-time
Location: Somerset House, London
Start date: Immediate / Flexible
Salary: £35k - £45k
- Become the engineering first principles lead within our R&D processes. We will give you time to get up to speed with our research and guide you into expanding on it.
- Aid in the development of new intellectual property with an eye for real world product execution.
- Set up a rigorous research methodology to streamline our R&D cycles, paying key attention to variable control and realising/extracting the crux of a design.
- Disseminate original research papers of our current work and future research.
- Lead the conduction of experiments, leaning on our technicians to build and maintain testing equipment.
- Act as the main contact with academic and research institutions around the world who specialise in TBI (traumatic brain injury) and helmet testing safety technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with evidence of a previously written research paper or final year thesis.
- Masters level degree or higher in engineering
- Experience with mechanical based experimentation
- Ability to work at the HEXR Lab (E3 3TZ)
Nice to have
- Have published a research paper
- Experience in building and running finite element models
- Experience with programming (Matlab, SQL, Python etc)
- Experience with patentable ideas
Cherry on top
- Experience with helmets or passion for helmeted sport
- Experience with kinematic analysis, particularly impact scenarios.
Vitality private health insurance + dental
25 Days holiday
Expense card, weekly social allowance & regular team socials
Opportunity to gain options and become a core member of the company playing a key role in scaling the company
15 minute introductory call to find out a little bit more about each other.
30 minute take home technical task.
Meet the team in Somerset House office, a much more detailed introduction to the R&D being carried out.
Most of the interviews will be with Henry Neilson CTO.
If you think you are a great fit for this role please send your CV to email@example.com with any additional attachments you wish (e.g. Research paper, cover letter, portfolio).
Recruiters - please do not contact us, as we will be working directly to identify the right candidate.