Industrial Design Graduate
Our vision at HEXR is to produce a helmet that performs better than any other in the world, helping athletes excel and saving lives. We have been tirelessly developing and testing our helmet for 6 years now, and with our spirit of never-ending curiosity we will continue to work to make it safer, lighter and faster still. We are building a talented team of passionate, hard-working, enthusiastic and like-minded people who want to help push HEXR forward and build a business that will revolutionise cycling performance and safety. Join the team!
Location: Somerset House, London, UK
Start date: March 2021
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
We’re recruiting a Industrial Design Graduate to join our growing team who will work on the following projects:
- Apply design and engineering principles to achieve tangible improvements in helmet safety over a wide range of test methods. Building and prototyping the latest design concepts for testing.
- Impact analysis of helmets across all helmet types (cycling, snow, motor) with the intent of safety improvement and identifying key trends and dependencies.
- Undertake in-depth research cycles with attention to fine details and variable control (conceptualise, design, prototype, test, analyse, iterate, repeat).
- Your manager will be Head of Product with significant input from, CTO. Typical job roles include:
- Concept generation; good sketching abilities, card model making.
- Workshop Skills and Prototyping.
- Design development; 2D (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Design development ; 3D (3D modeling and rendering).
- The role will involve general office duties as required.
- The candidate should be efficient with their time and be prepared to join an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Manage the testing programme with our state of the art testing facilities in central London (South Kensington, 15 minutes from our HQ)
- Visit and conduct testing globally with our partners
- Manage prototyping with our suppliers
- Explore new suppliers, with expectation of safe travel (China, EU and US)
- Ideation of new design concepts and advise on design changes
- Liaise with OEM’s and industrial design/engineering consultants to improve design for manufacture.
- Frequent check ins and knowledge sharing with the Head of Product and/or CTO.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Design or Engineering Degree 2.1 BA / BSc or similar
- Pragmatic engineering problem solving, using engineering intuition from fundamentals
- Research experience that involves physical testing
- Industry experience from time on placement / internship
- Strong contribution to a product that has gone to market in some capacity
- Workshop skills and prototyping
- Strong numerical analysis and evaluation skills
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with CAD and rendering software (Preferably Solidworks / CATIA. Blender, Keyshot)
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Structural or materials testing
- Manufacturing experience and interest in design for manufacturing
- Flexibility to work in a small, fast-paced team. You have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A passion for sports (cycling, skiing etc..) and technology is a big plus!
- Native or bilingual English speaker (fluency in Italian or Manderin great addition)
- Exciting range of products to develop
- Ability to travel
- Beautiful office in Somerset House, with games room and weekly team lunches.
- Become a member of a start-up with the ability to play a key role in scaling the company
- Potential for stock in the company
- Challenging work environment with strong progression paths
- Discounts on cycling equipment (Cycle-to-work scheme and trade discounts)
HEXR TEAM CULTURE
Curious. No idea is a bad idea, we're not afraid to try things differently and explore every avenue. Always challenge assumptions and ask questions.
Intelligent. Every decision made is data-driven, there are no best guesses. We aspire to provide real human value in everything we touch.
Precise. Everything we do is free from deceit. We strive to deliver the highest level of communication and transparency wherever we are. Both within our teams and the community.
Confident. We know what we do could have a massive impact on lives. We embrace this by challenging everything we think we know about head protection, the industry and the products we create.
Active. We're young and have big ambitions. We pride ourselves on breaking stereotypes and becoming the centre of industry change
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Introductory call: 15 minute call to learn a little more about you and tell you about HEXR.
On-site interview: Meet Team HEXR at our London office at Somerset House and 30 minute interview.
Closing date for applications: 14th May 2021