(Junior) Frontend Software Engineer
Our vision at HEXR is to produce a helmet that performs better than any other in the world, helping athletes excel and saving lives. We have been tirelessly developing and testing our helmet for 5 years now, and with our spirit of never-ending curiosity we will continue to work to make it safer, lighter and faster still. We are building a talented team of passionate, hard-working, enthusiastic and like-minded people who want to help push HEXR forward and build a business that will revolutionise sport performance and safety. Join the team!
We have created and are utilising the latest in hardware and software to make all this possible. The digital systems we have created are unique, and are the backbone of our 3D printed products.
This is an exciting entry-level role suitable for candidates willing to acquire experience working on backend and frontend systems. You will join a team of experienced developers who will guide you through our established systems and methods currently used in the industry. Our digital systems aim to facilitate an effortless customer journey, from fitting a helmet using 3D scanning technologies, printing a helmet using industrial-grade, environmentally-friendly materials, all the way to shipping the final product directly to the customer.
You will be shaping our current cloud-based system, creating and maintaining new APIs, internal tools and (serverless) microservices, and generally improving our software stack & architecture.
We have created a world-first in automated generation, manufacturing and logistics - as well as introducing some of the most accurate fitting technology into smartphones - our unique platform is looking for a developer as unique to join and make it better, everyday is a huge learning experience at HEXR.
Some examples of on-the-horizon tasks (includes close collaboration with our designers / app developers, logistics and QA):
- Creating UI components to support new customer- / organisation-facing features
- Improving internal interfaces including a general Customer Journey interface
- Improving design to be closer to the company design guidelines
- Iterating on the frontend architecture
BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- Any experience with Redux and Atomic / Material design
Nice to haves:
- Experience building production-ready UI/UX
INTERVIEW PROCESS AND EXTRAS
- Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org No recruiters or agencies please .
- 10 minute call to get to know each other.
- 1 hour virtual collaborative coding technical interview.
- 1 hour meet the team, check out our cool office & products, get fitted, and explore our code.
- This is a full-time role in our London office, with remote days at least twice a week once settled in.
- 26 days annual leave
- £28,000 - £40,000