Product Design Internship
Our vision at HEXR is to produce a helmet that performs better than any other in the world, helping athletes excel and saving lives. We have been tirelessly developing and testing our helmet for 5 years now, and with our spirit of never-ending curiosity we will continue to work to make it safer, lighter and faster still. We are building a talented team of passionate, hard-working, enthusiastic and like-minded people who want to help push HEXR forward and build a business that will revolutionise cycling performance and safety. Join the team!
HEXR is on a mission to revolutionise head protection. We use the latest manufacture and fitting technologies to deliver unprecedented performance.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Minimum placement length: 12 months, full 15 months preferred.
- Research; inspiration and project direction.
- Concept generation; good sketching abilities, card model making.
- Workshop Skills and Prototyping.
- Design development; 2D (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Design development ; 3D (3D modeling and rendering).
- The role will involve general office duties as required.
- The candidate should be efficient with their time and be prepared to join an extremely fast-paced environment.
BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- Our experience driven approach to projects requires a diverse range of skills, the successful applicant(s) will be a proactive person with a positive attitude to become an integral team member.
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite – other languages beneficial.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- SolidWorks and KeyShot.
- £28k salary and holiday allowances.
- Become a core member of a start-up with the ability to play a key role in scaling the company.
- Challenging work environment with strong progression paths.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
HEXR TEAM CULTURE
Curious. No idea is a bad idea, we're not afraid to try things differently and explore every avenue. Always challenge assumptions and ask questions.
Intelligent. Every decision made is data-driven, there are no best guesses. We aspire to provide real human value in everything we touch.
Precise. Everything we do is free from deceit. We strive to deliver the highest level of communication and transparency wherever we are. Both within our teams and the community.
Confident. We know what we do could have a massive impact on lives. We embrace this by challenging everything we think we know about head protection, the industry and the products we create.
Active. We're young and have big ambitions. We pride ourselves on breaking stereotypes and becoming the centre of industry change.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Email a cover letter, cv and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use ‘Internship Application’ as the email subject and address the email to Robin Spicer.
- All attachments must be in PDF format and in total under 3MB.
- Due to the volume of applications we can only reply to successful candidates – please do not follow up your application by email or phone; rest assured we review all portfolios received and will contact all applicants that fit our needs.
Closing date for applications: May 2021. Start date: June/July 2021.