Graduate Product Engineer
Role: Graduate Product Engineer
Location: Bromley by Bow, London
Start date: Immediate - rolling hire
This role will see successful candidates joining the Research and Development team at HEXR where they will be immersed in ideation, prototyping & testing through to design for production. The invention of new and novel products, mechanisms and manufacturing methods are deeply ingrained in this role.
- Product development – from concept to manufacture
- R&D into new product attributes
- Isolation of key variables and experimentation
- Analysis of experimental data to lead iterative design process
- Apply engineering intuition to help draw conclusions
- Ideation of product mechanisms and manufacturing processes
- Experimentation - validating your own theories to improve or create new technology
- Designing physical, computational or other methods of learning
- Rapidly create rigs, jigs or samples to aid in your conduction of experiments
- Succinctly summarise your findings for future development to work off of
- Using engineering intuition to solve practical problems
- Investigating appropriate materials and production processes
- Problem solving relating to the manufacturing process, design space, optimisation of HEXR the technology
- Work with team and manufacturers to commercialise design intent
- Travelling to clients' production facilities and evaluating the feasibility of production
- Experience with designing for manufacture
- Confidence in end-to-end prototyping using workshop equipment and 3D printing
- Design or Engineering degree
- Ability to work on site at the Hexr Lab (E3 3TZ)
- Knowledge of Manufacturing processes from injection moulding to thermoforming
- To have awareness of taking product(s) through to manufactured state rather than just concepts
Nice to have
- Experience with helmets and a passion for sport.
- Experience in a leading consultancy or in house firm
- Demonstration of entrepreneurial spirit
- Vitality private health insurance + dental
- 25 Days holiday
- Expense card & regular socials
- Become a core member of a high valued start-up with the ability to play a key role in scaling the company.
- Remote working where appropriate.
- 15 minute introductory call to find out a little bit more about each other.
- 0.5-1h take home technical tasks.
- Meet the team at the HEXR Lab, a much more detailed introduction to the R&D being carried out.
If you think you are a great fit for this role please send your CV to email@example.com with any additional attachments you wish (e.g. Final year project/paper, cover letter, portfolio).